Benefits of Eating Organic Red Kidney Beans
Organic Red Kidney Beans are a type of kidney beans that taste just that tiny bit sweeter than others. These beans are meaty and remain quite firm when cooked. Therefore, they go much better in chilies, salads, and soups. They are an excellent addition to many meal plans because they are nutritious and low in fat. Organic Whole Red Kidney Beans are an excellent source of plant proteins and fiber. They are also rich in essential minerals, including a high level of iron and B vitamins.How to Cook Organic Red Kidney Beans
You’ll need to pre-soak the beans first. It’s easiest to simply soak Organic Whole Red Kidney Beans overnight or for 8-12 hours in cold water. However, if you want to get beans ready faster, you can bring them to a boil in a pot with a generous amount of water. Let them boil for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat. Close the pot and let the beans soak for 2-3 hours. Overall, the longer you soak Organic Dried Kidney Beans, the better; it reduces cooking time.
Rinse the beans when you are ready to start cooking and place them in a pot with lots of water (4-5 cups of water per 1 cup of dried beans). Bring the pot to a boil, then cook at low heat until the beans are ready. Add salt and seasonings at the very end. Otherwise, beans will take longer to cook and might be too firm.
Once cooked, you can use Organic Red Kidney Beans in salads, pilaf, chili, or soups. You can also include them in a mix of legumes to make delicious hummus. Note that you can cook a large portion of the beans and freeze a part of it so you can use them easily later.Cooking Instructions
- In a large pot or bowl combine the beans with water at a ratio of 10 cups of water per pound of dried beans. Soak the beans overnight at a room temperature.
- Soaking speeds up the cook time.
- Place the kidney beans into the bottom of a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring beans to a boil. and add salt.
- Let them boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- The beans will expand, so make sure you cover by several inches of water to allow for this.