- — Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, Raw, Sproutable, Vegan — Very Low in Cholesterol, Sodium, and Saturated Fat — Good source of Protein and Thiamin — Reach in Dietary Fiber, Folate, and Manganese — Suitablefor Sirtfooddiet
Served with ‘a nice chianti’ or not, organic fava beans are a delicious, nutritious, and outright fantastic addition to your diet. People have been eating and cultivating them since 6000 BC, and today they are grown all over the world. Food To Live Organic Fava Beans allow you to enjoy the best this product has to offer. They are entirely GMO and toxin-free as well as easy to cook.How Organic Fava Beans Are Good for You
The WHO advises consuming at least a serving of legumes per day as a part of a healthy diet. It’s not surprising as these foods are rich in protein and dietary fiber while being low in fats. Considering this, organic fava beans are great for boosting your general wellbeing. As a low-calorie nutritious food, these legumes are also a valuable addition to weight management diets. Add cooked Organic Fava Beans to a variety of dishes to make them more filling. You can also include organic bean powder into smoothies, and protein shakes for bodybuilders. Please note that you can’t give fava beans to dogs as they are toxic to canines.Dry Fava Beans Nutrition Facts
Organic fava beans (dried and cooked) contain a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals, including Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, Iron, Potassium, B vitamins The level of folate in these legumes is exceptionally high. A cup of a cooked product provides you with about 40% of the recommended daily amount.Fava Beans: Tips for Cooking and Storage
Organic fava beans look similar to lima beans but taste a bit like green peas. However, their natural flavor is so mild that they can be mixed with any other foods. It is why they are perfect for soups, salads, and dips, which you can season with spices to suit your taste. Fresh raw organic fava beans are quite tricky to cook. As the plant matures, the shells covering its seeds become mildly toxic. Therefore, you must blanch and shell them by hand to enjoy the benefits of beans. Dried beans, however, can be cooked like any other legume. They require regular overnight pre-soaking. This product keeps exceptionally well, so you can buy Organic Beans in Bulk and enjoy them for months to come. Some of the things you can cook with this product are:
- Nutritious beans soup, seasoned with garlic. It will make a great filling lunch for when you are on a diet. Spicy beans salad with balsamic vinegar and any vegetables you like. Deep-fried beans falafel serves with a mint yogurt sauce. Hot beans dip, a healthy treat for a party. Nutritious beans hummus for making filling vegan sandwiches.
Make your own organic bean flour and use it to make a variety of gluten-free baked goods. It mixes well with other bean powders.How to Sprout Beans at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of beans, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix beans up to assure even water contact for all. Allow beans to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the beans into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided. Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your homemade sprouts!Cooking Instructions
- Place 1 cup of beans in a large pot with 2-3 cups water & 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover & cook until tender, 45–60 min; drain well.
- Soak the beans for 2 hrs, drain & put in a pot with 2 quarts of cold water. Bring to a boil, skim & simmer, covered, for 2hrs, until the beans are very soft. Add salt & mash the beans in a blender & return to the pot. Fry 5 garlic cloves in 2 tbsp of the olive oil until golden. Add ½ tsp paprika, 2 tsp cumin, ¼ tsp turmeric & a pinch of cayenne. Add to the soup & simmer for 30 min. Before serving, stir in the lemon juice and ½ cup coriander.